To strengthen your visibility on the results pages, it is important to have an SEO strategy that improves your natural reference. Leading search engine, with more than 90% market share, Google has also developed a wide range of advertising tools to position advertisers in the desired queries to help blogueur, web marketers and e-commerce professionals
One of the most effective tools is cost-per-click advertising and the pricing model.
How to run successful CPC campaigns?
|PPC : Pay per click (PPC) is a model for the dissemination and pricing of online advertising. The advertiser defines the amount you are willing to pay for each click you make on one of your online ads. With PPC, the advertiser only pays if the user interacts with your ad.|
As part of a Google Ads campaign, the cost per click is determined by a bidding system for the keywords that advertisers want to rank for. The model is often opposed to the cost per thousand impressions (CPM), for which the advertiser pays for the display of their ad, whether or not the user interacts with it.
- Set up your Google Ads account correctly
- Track Google Ads account quality level
- Optimize your campaign for mobile users
- Conduct research on specific keywords
- Link to an optimized landing page
1 – Set up Google Ads account correctly
From Google’s online advertising management platform, you can:
- Select your keywords
- Define the geographic area of the campaign.
- Create and optimize your ads
- Choose distribution networks: the search engine or the network of
- Google’s associated sites (AdSense)
- Search the keywords in which to position it
- Bid on different keywords
- Establish budgets for each campaign
- Evaluate the performance of each of your ads.
To improve your campaign, one of the challenges is mastering all these elements and being able to monitor the performance of your ads regularly. Please log into your account regularly to gradually adapt your campaigns, keywords, ads.
2 – Track Google Ads account quality level
It is possible to better position your ads and reduce the cost of campaigns by improving their quality level. This indicator, set on a scale of 1 to 10, gives you a general idea of the performance of your campaigns. For this, Google Ads considers the clickthrough rate (CTR), as well as the quality of your ads, chosen keywords and landing pages.
This indicator does not assess the quality of a single campaign or ad. It changes over time, depending on the overall performance of your account.
To optimize your budgets and benefit from a better valuation of your ads, it is important to:
- Properly target your chosen keywords for each ad.
- Propose advertisements in line with the needs of Internet users who inquire about the target word.
- Enhance the landing page, trying to make sure it meets the user’s needs.
As an advertiser, you’d better capitalize on a track record and seek to improve the performance of your Google Ads campaigns to increase this metric.
3 – Optimize PPC campaigns for mobile users
Today, much of the research is carried out using a mobile device. Since 2017, requests made on Google from a mobile device are more numerous than those made from a computer.
Therefore, it is important to think about your campaigns with this trend in mind. To do this, you must take into account the context in which the user will carry out their search on the mobile to offer them ads according to their expectations.
To properly interact with these users, here are some helpful tips:
- Create a clear and explicit advertisement text about what is proposed and that arouses the interest of users on all screens.
- Be careful to better target users, taking context into account.
- Suggest actions directly on the results page, such as the extension to call the company directly.
- Offer quality experiences on your mobile site and app.
4 – Perform a search for specific keywords
The performance of a PPC campaign depends mainly on the choice of keywords in which you will place your ads.
Therefore, it is essential to target these keywords well with Google Keyword Planner, including the precise terms your potential customers are looking for.
Take the example of an English training institute in Paris.
The volume of requests related to the keyword “language courses” is significant, but the competition is also strong. In fact, this is a keyword in which they will seek to position themselves as distance education institutes, but also in other language schools, in Paris and outside the French capital. Therefore, the cost per click will be high.
It will be more interesting to consider better targeted keywords like:
- Spanish course in Boston
- Professional Spanish Course Boston
- Spanish course for beginners
- Advanced Spanish course
The volume of requests is lower, but the keyword is more directly related to the need of the target user. The click rate will be directly better.
5 – Send to an optimized landing page
To improve the performance of your campaign, the page to which the ad refers should contribute directly to the conversion of users.
In addition, the landing page is a criterion considered by Google Ads to determine the quality of the account.
How to optimize landing pages?
- Choose a landing page that specifically matches the ad and keywords.
- Reflect the call to action included in the text of your ad.
- Adapt the landing page to mobiles, reducing the amount of text, using bulleted lists, compressing images.
- Simplify navigation to the desired action, by placing essential information and the call to action at the top of the page, for example.
- Offer unique and useful content.